Promote wide participation in events and related processes.
Provide advocacy on the importance of a fully inclusive approach to decision-making at all levels and in all spheres of action, in political and training spaces.
Having a virtual space for promotion, dissemination and exchange of knowledge and information on inclusive disaster risk management with emphasis on people with disabilities.
The Inclusive Risk Management Network for Disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean is created to promote effective participation and inclusion of people with disabilities and is made up of the following members:
In all phases of disaster risk management, it is essential to identify:
• Who are the people with disabilities?
• Where are people with disabilities?
• What do people with disabilities need?
• Information management on disability
• In disaster risk reduction.
• In the reduction and preparation of disasters
• In disaster preparedness, response and recovery:
Representation of people with disabilities with community-based participation approaches;
People with disabilities, the people who help them and the organizations that represent them should be included in decision processes, including risk assessments.