RET International also joins our network
Who is RET International RET International is an independent, impartial, non-governmental organization with no partisan or religious affiliation, headquartered in Geneva (Switzerland) and with regional representation in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Its commitment is to help communities to respond to the educational needs, in the broadest sense, of young people in conditions of vulnerability due to displacement, armed conflicts, violence or disasters. We work with firm belief and deep trust in the potential of youth, promoting favorable conditions for the protection of young people in risky conditions, offering tools to develop the necessary skills for life. In this way, we encourage them to become pillars for their families and actors of positive social change in their communities.
On disability and disasters
RET International also promotes the inclusion of children, adolescents and young people in disaster risk management and in emergency situations.
• RET International has promoted projects in Panama on the subject:
• "Adolescents and young people with disabilities have access to an inclusive and safe education in Panama."
• "Adolescents and young people with disabilities promote inclusive and safe educational environments in Panama."• RET International has contributed to various publications in the region:
• Guide for the integral disaster risk management in inclusive education centers.
• Recommendations for the community to support adolescents with disabilities in emergency situations.
• Recommendations for caregivers in support of young people with disabilities in emergency situations or disasters.
• Recommendations for teachers in support of young people with disabilities in emergencies.
• Adolescents and young people with disabilities have access to an inclusive and safe education. Panama.
• Signs for Disaster Risk Reduction and Immediate Response. Panama.
• El Niño and the floods and their effect on people with and without disabilities.
• El Niño and fires and their effect on people with and without disabilities.
• The Child and health and its effect on people with and without disabilities.
• El Niño and its effect on people with and without disabilities in Panama.• He has promoted courses and meetings on the subject, either in a virtual way or in person, as was the case of Subregional Encounter for the Inclusive Management of Disaster Risk (Panama, July 2016) • See more tools and information on inclusion and risk management on its website: http://educacioninclusivayreducciondelriesgo-panama.org
We positively value and welcome the incorporation of RET International into the GIRDD-LAC network for the promotion and development of inclusive disaster risk management and disability in the continent.